Tuesday, March 11

Crash landing!

Nothing to do with the flight, which was superb (well done yet again, BA). I've been back exactly a fortnight now but it's been to readjust to the British weather, after enjoying 40c+ sunshine in Goa and returning to a grey and wet 10c in London. HUMPH! If you think I'm being awkward, imagine a 30c drop in temperature... in London that would mean -20c, probably bringing the whole country to a standstill (hey, we stop trains for a few flakes of snow). I miss my sweet lassi and Goan fish curry!

Since coming back (actually, since leaving my day job at the civil service) I've not had much time to relax but yesterday I spent the whole day just loafing around the house. I now feel fully recharged and ready to start planning new classes, visiting clubs to get more work, emailing friends, blogging, cycling, etc. Only today, have I managed to get around to buying some food - I was one day away from having to use caster sugar in my porridge (yeuch!). I've yet to start running properly (i.e., 10K+), let alone any other type of cross-training, so I'll start doing that on a regular basis too.

Some photos from the trip are available on Facebook, although I may post them here soon (along with my itinerary). I can recommend India as a holiday but make sure you avoid the cities at all costs, unless you get your kicks from noisy, polluting auto-rickshaws and their incessant beeping - not to mention the traffic, dust, smog, etc. Urgh! Much better in the countryside, jungle and the beach.... sigh!

Namaste for now

No comments: