Saturday, January 19

Man of leisure?

I wish - ever since taking redundancy from my nine-to-five desk job, I've been busier than ever. So much so that I've started to wonder how I ever managed to fit a job into my hectic schedule! I have a to-do-list that seems never-ending but, for once, I now have the time in which to do tackle it head-on.

That's partly my excuse for being quiet these past three weeks - that and the fact that my loft water tank won't stop overflowing, despite doing everything possible to stop the water coming into the tank. I know my limitations, so I've called the plumber to see whether he knows what could be doing it - I've narrowed it down to either the boiler (unlikely, as it happens even when it's off) or the water pressure from the mains. If the latter, I'm clueless as to what can be done... fingers crossed I can get rid of probably the only stress in my life at the moment!

I've also been planning my holidays for the year. My classes always moan that I forever seem to be going on holiday but I was way below my quota last year... I used to like going away at least once a month, even if only for a weekender. This year, though, it's mainly focused around cycling as I've entered an event called La Marmotte in July (more details in my next post) and will need a few stints in France and Italy to train for it. Then my usual fortnight of fun in France in August, enjoying the baking heat and molten tarmac... while I'm cycling! I know, I'm obsessed (and probably quite mad) but it's how I get my kicks and (a) it's cheap, (b) it's good for you and (c) I love the feeling of achievement after a particular hard day's ride. A bit like a more pleasurable exercise I could mention... hehehehehe

My real holiday will be in February, when I'll be travelling to and around SW India - no running or cycling for three weeks... promise! Well, maybe a mountain bike ride or a jungle trek just to make sure I don't get too lazy...

Time for bed - more soon to follow, including the past three classes. Ciao for now!

No comments: